Lamorinda Arts Alliance
Saturday, October 10, 10 am - 4 pm
at the Lafayette Christian Church, off St. Marys Road
Lamorinda’s largest and oldest Art Organization will hold a special one-day show and sale. Eighteen LAA members will display recently completed works, among them paintings by Pam McCauley and George Ehrenhaft; decorative and practical ceramics by Donna Argenbright and Olga Judisman; and handmade jewelry by Tamara Thompson and K. deGroot. Glass art and photographs will also be featured.
Founded in 1994, Lamorinda Arts Alliance is an organization of local artists and friends who reside or work in the area. Its purpose is to provide coordination, education and service in order to promote and increase knowledge, appreciation and practice of the arts, and to enhance the cultural development of Lafayette, Moraga, Orinda and the surrounding communities.One of the benefits of membership in LAA is the opportunity to exhibit at the Lafayette Town Hall Theater. These exhibitions are curated by LAA member JoAnn Lieberman. This is an official exhibition site of LAA. The group seeks to foster a better understanding of art within the community and encourage the exchange of ideas for the mutual benefit of all members through its programs, exhibits and other activities within the community.
• Publishing a bi-monthly newsletter for all members
• Regular meetings, featuring an interesting program on some aspect of the art scene
• Coordinating exhibits of members' work at various sites around the area
• Sponsoring an Annual Open Studios event where the public may visit and observe artists in their creative environment
• Facilitating co-op galleries where Artist members' work are exhibited and offered to the public